Re: how to break out of the libtool rathole ?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: how to break out of the libtool rathole ?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:30:49 +0700

Dennis,

On Jul 18, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Dennis Clarke <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> that is proof enough for me .. libtool is broken.
>>
>> That only proves that you cannot autoreconf libtool without libtool.
>> It
>> does NOT prove that you cannot "./configure; make" libtool from a
>> tarball hence it does NOT prove any breakage.
>>

> been there .. done that.  fails either way.
>
> you are clearly just wasting time here.

This is not constructive.

You used this list to ask for help finding a problem in your environment
that is preventing you from building libtool.

If you cannot at least show some gratitude to the people who's free time
you have taken as they respond to your requests, at the very least you
should take your flames off list.  Preferably, keep your flames to yourself
entirely, or you'll continue to undermine your own credibility and will
find it harder to get help in future.

I have access to a Solaris 8 machine, and I am trying to reproduce your
report.  If you are patient and polite in the mean time, I will report my
findings back here when I'm done.
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)