Linking static library with shared library using libtool

From: Vignesh Raman
Subject: Linking static library with shared library using libtool
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:08:24 +0530

Hi,

Is it possible to link static libraries to shared ones using libtool? I tried passing -Wl,whole-archive -lmylib -Wl,-no-whole-archive in LDFLAGS. The compilation was fine, but when I checked the nm output of the shared lib, none of the functions of mylib was present in the output. I also tried -Wl,-Bstatic -lmylib. But the same observation. In /usr/lib there is both shared and static libraries present (mylib.a and mylib.so)

--
Regards,
Vignesh.