cannot stat .deps/libx.Tpo

From: andreas graeper
Subject: cannot stat .deps/libx.Tpo
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:36:46 +0200

hi,
i try to build a library inside a ptxdist based bsp.
i can see before the error occurs

 cd libx
 bin/sh ../libtool .. -MD -MP -MF .deps/libx.Tpo ..
 mv .deps/Tpo .deps/Plo

but .deps/Tpo does not exist
and there already is a .deps/Plo !

when i build that lib separate it works fine

maybe the error has gone now (still running). but i would like to know why.

there was no AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR() in configure.ac
and so libtoolize merely created ltmain.sh. no directory where m4-scripts was copied/linked into.
then
aclocal -I . -I /usr/share/aclocal --force
was called (from inside autogen.sh)

i changed
1)
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4]) in configure.ac
so libtoolize creates ./m4 and copies some .m4 files into that directory
2)
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4    in Makefile.am (but i think this is used by autoreconf, not by aclocal itself ?!)
3)
aclocal -I m4     in autogen.sh

now obviously ./deps/libx.Tpo exists and is moved to .deps/libx.Plo

what was the problem ?
why, when immediatly Tpo is moved to Plo, it is not written direct to Plo ?
i read anywhere, that libtool itself is not to be placed into package

thanks in advance
andreas