Re: AM_LDFLAGS += -no-undefined

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: AM_LDFLAGS += -no-undefined
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:45:18 +0700

Salut Akim,

On Apr 9, 2014, at 12:17 AM, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:
> Le 8 avr. 2014 à 19:01, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> Libltdl is likely managed by a package manager on the system since it is a
>> common component on any GNU/Linux system and other free systems. By
>> embedding libltdl in some other application or library, the users of that
>> application or library may overwrite the libltdl installed by the package
>> manager.  The configure options to manage this are confusing.
>
> OK, you have me convinced!  It would be great to have an option
> to LTDL_INIT to mean "don't embed one in my project, I want to
> use the installed version and fail if there is none".  Currently
> one has to call AC_CHECK_HEADERS (wow, it's been a million years
> since I last wrote this name :-) etc.?

Exactly right.  LTDL_INIT is for initializing the ltdl directory
in your project, so if you want to share the installed libltdl
instead of building your own, then just treat it like any other
library dependency on your system and check for symbols you need
from libltdl.la and presence of an ltdl.h :)

Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)