-no-undefined on Win32

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: -no-undefined on Win32
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:30:15 +0400

Hi,

It's strange for me that last line in following qoute from ltmain.in is
commented out:
---
      # It is impossible to link a dll without this setting, and
      # we shouldn't force the makefile maintainer to figure out
      # what system we are compiling for in order to pass an extra
      # flag for every libtool invocation.
      # allow_undefined=no
---

Almost all project ported to Win32 already have "-no-undefined" options, but
this always add more headache on porting to Win32.
If lib contains some undefined symbol, then dll will not be created regardless
of using "-no-undefined".
If lib doesn't contain any undefined symbols, then dll can be created so why
forcing use "-no-undefined"?

Best Wishes,
Evgeny