libtool: lib: command not found

From: raziel
Subject: libtool: lib: command not found
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 13:28:13 +0200

Hello,

I'm having some trouble cross building libraries from a Linux machine
(Debian/unstable) using mingw-w64, seem libtool is looking for a "lib"
command to generate a .lib library, but the command is missing and I
can't find it in any package (on stackoverflow I've seen for the same
problem on Windows is just a matter of adding the path
VC/bin to the env to let the command be found, but I suspect on Linux
the lib command doesn't exist at all and something else is wrong).

Here's a libzzip output example but I've the same problem with
another lib (I suspect any).

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
i686-w64-mingw32 shared libraries
../libtool: line 1095: lib: command not found
Makefile:566: recipe for target 'libzzip.la' failed

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance