Re: configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:07:10 +0200

On 2014-09-17 16:48, R. Diez wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> I am cross-compiling on a Linux PC host for an embedded ARM target, and I am
> getting this warning:
>
>   checking for arm-none-eabi-mt... no
>   checking for mt... mt
>   configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
>
> I have built the cross-compiler toolchain mayself, and all other
> arm-none-eabi-* tools are present, but this "mt" one is not.
>
> I've been searching around, and this "manifest" tool seems to be a
> Windows-only thing. It also looks like libtool is the one looking for it.

Yes, Libtool may need to use the manifest tool when building for Windows.

> Why is libtool searching for a Windows manifest tool on a Linux host when
> cross-compiling for a bare-metal ARM target? Is this a bug? Is there a way to
> prevent this warning from appearing?

when <xyzzy> isn't available there?

        <pause>

Because it's the autoconf way! It's not a bug.

You can create a symlink from arm-none-eabi-mt to /bin/true to avoid the
warning if it's disturbing.

        .../configure MANIFEST_TOOL=:

should also do it. Caveat emptor, I haven't actually tested any of the above...

> Please copy me on any answers, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,
Peter