Re: New release with OSX Yosemite fix?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: New release with OSX Yosemite fix?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 20:06:11 +0100

On 23 Oct 2014, at 15:06, Volker Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there any chance for cutting a new release with the OSX Yosemite
version parsing fix? This is going to affect a lot of users, and right
now there isn't even a released version of libtools to run reconfigure
with.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2014-09/msg00002.html

Ugh. I'm surprised that one hasn't bitten me already!

The master branch still has known bugs that I don't want to release, so the best bet is to make a patch release from the last stable release. The process is fiddly and takes several hours to complete though, so I'll leave it for a few days to give people a chance to point me at any other critical patches that should be rolled in too...

Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)