Re: Trying to get libtool not to add -rpath, since libs are only in a st

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Trying to get libtool not to add -rpath, since libs are only in a staging directory
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 17:44:06 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:

I don't think that linking against libraries in DESTDIR is portable. DESTDIR
should be considered an install/copy-only option to support packaging.

Well, in my use case I'm often/usually cross compiling so having the
final libraries installed under /usr/lib is not really an option... It
seems that lt_cv_sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec solved the issue for me,
but I'm not 100% positive how portable that is, if you can think of
some reasons why this is not a good fix and if there's a cleaner way
to accomplish this then please let me know.

This solves the problem (automatic addition of -rpath) caused by libtool on GNU/Linux. It is not truely portable since it can not solve automatic tool behavior on other operating systems.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn