RE: how to make libtool link with static system libraries instead of dyn

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: RE: how to make libtool link with static system libraries instead of dynamic
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:35:41 +0000

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't produce what I need.  It had the
same effect as using "mylib_la_LDFLAGS = -static" which was to build only
static versions, or archives, of the python module.  This makes it so that
the python interpreter cannot use the library: it must be shared.

Thanks anyway,
Andy