how to make libtool use stdlib

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: how to make libtool use stdlib
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:29:01 +0000

I'm working on a library which may need to link with the standard libraries (I
assume since -nostdlib would seem to indicate that it's *not to* link with
standard libraries).  I say this because of discussions I've come across making
mention that using "-nostdlib" has adverse side effects with pthreads.  I'm
using a library, log4cplus, which does make use of pthreads.

Using "./configure --help" doesn't reveal any method of making libtool
discontinue the use of "-nostdlib".  How do I make this happen?

Andy