Re: How to build libtool from git sources properly?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: How to build libtool from git sources properly?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:57:09 -0700

On 05/18/16 14:41, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2016, Igor Zhbanov wrote:

run `./bootstrap`
-mike

It doesn't work on a PC without git or without network connection
because it needs to clone gnulib (although there is no gnulib folder
in libtool-2.4.6.tar.gz. But this is probably another story.

This is very unfortunate.  I am not sure if it would work if you cloned
gnulib on another computer and copied the gnulib folder into place since
it may still make subsequent git accesses.

It sounds to me like Igor wants/needs the release tarball.
Pulling from GIT and building is a maintainer problem.
If you are going to help maintain it, you need access to
maintainer stuff:  GIT, gnulib, the internet, etc.
It's "by design".