Re: How to build libtool from git sources properly?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: How to build libtool from git sources properly?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 08:56:20 -0700

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:22 AM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> ... However, libtool uses its own
> custom bootstrap, and I don't know if it has that same functionality.
> Patches are certainly welcome.  And it would also be nice if libtool's
> own bootstrap could be merged back upstream with gnulib's bootstrap.

I believe the author of the script wanted to do just that, but felt he
had headwinds.
Now, it's too late as he can't do open source development anymore.
(Employer requirements.)  I use the libtool bootstrap for a couple of my
projects and I, too, think it would be good to merge it back into gnulib.
I have no employer requirements anymore, but I have my own projects
on the table, so gnulib patch delivery time might get measured in weeks.