Library is tool large

From: Daniel Bell
Subject: Library is tool large
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 15:03:05 +1300

Hello,

I am currently seeking a solution to the following issue.

I am creating a library that relies on boost_serialisation.

The intention is to use libtool to merge these two libraries together into one final library, removing the need for any program that uses my library to have boost available. Should be simple, right?

Anyway, here is the error that i am encountering. A total pain.

libtool: archive member: libboost_serialization.a(ept_table5) size too large (archive member extends past the end of the file)

1) Searching online for help

There are a couple of places where people have had this issue due to the library not having the correct architecture making them incompatible.
Lipo for the two libraries......

Hal:Release daniel$ lipo -info libvision.a

input file libvision.a is not a fat file

Non-fat file: libvision.a is architecture: x86_64

Hal:Release daniel$ lipo -info libboost_serialization.a

input file libboost_serialization.a is not a fat file

Non-fat file: libboost_serialization.a is architecture: x86_64

2) Searching the mailing list for help

Nothing returned when searching selected phrases from the mailing list

i.e. "(archive member extends past the end of the file)" or "size too large"

Has anyone seen this issue before?
Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Daniel