Re: ./libtool[1086]: eval: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: ./libtool[1086]: eval: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:13:16 -0400

> As I have suspected: `lt_cv_sys_global_symbol_pipe=''`. I think that
> there is a genuine issue in libtool that it does not handle empty
> `lt_cv_sys_global_symbol_pipe` at all.

Check this out... I downloaded the latest libtool and I am going
through the motions. I have not decided if I am going to risk
installing into /bin on a live system.

solaris:libtool-2.4.6$ make -j 4
make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option
  GEN      libtoolize
  GEN      libltdl/libltdl/lt__argz.h
make  all-recursive
make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option
Making all in .
make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option
  CC       libltdl/loaders/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.lo
  CC       libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt__alloc.lo
  CC       libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_dlloader.lo
  CC       libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_error.lo
  CC       libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-ltdl.lo
  CC       libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-slist.lo
  CC       libltdl/loaders/dlopen.lo
  CCLD     libltdl/dlopen.la
  CC       libltdl/lt__argz.lo
  CCLD     libltdl/libltdl.la
libtool:   error: not configured to extract global symbols from
dlpreopened files

Jeff