Re: Developing against $HOME/lib libraries and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans
Subject: Re: Developing against $HOME/lib libraries and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 20:09:40 +0000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:38:20 +0100
Thomas Jahns <address@hidden> wrote:

> The -rpath argument is for libtool (to tell it where the library will
> be installed). To tell libtool (or ld) where to search for libraries
> at run-time (if no .la files are installed) one needs to add -R or
> -Wl,-rpath options.

So, should library A's .pc file include that in its output then? Is it
safe to do that unconditionally, even if the library is really just
installed in /usr/lib by the normal tooling? I wasn't sure if that was
safe to do.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden      |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS