Using non-libtool object files

From: sea star
Subject: Using non-libtool object files
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:44:50 -0800

Hi,

I would like create my executable using libtool by linking non-libtool object files along with libtool generated object files. I see that there is an option "-objectlist file".

The non-libtool object files (.o files) are outside of my project. I don't want to compile them instead I want to use these object files as is and include them in my build.

1) Can I specify a list of non-libtool generated object files (.o files)  in file when using -objectlist option?

2) Can someone point me to an example on how to use objectlist option in automake/Makefile.am?

-Thanks,
cvin