Re: libtool problem

From: Roumen Petrov
Subject: Re: libtool problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 19:44:41 +0300

Hello Alice,

Alice Wonder wrote:
Hello,

[SNIP]
Software (audacity)
[SNIP]

libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: link: specify a tag with `--tag'
[SNIP]
LIBTOOL=/opt/gnu/bin/libtool ....

libtool is generated script . Generated script has variable available_tags= and then inside a number of sections. audacity consists from many projects. Each project has own configuration and some of them use libtool.

(1) If you audacity version is vary old try to update all audacity {sub}projects and check that "autotool"-files are regenerated. Then remove LIBTOOL variable from environment - project will use own script.

(2) About /opt/gnu/bin/libtool
It must be generated for this installation environment.
My own build version of libtool  2.4.6 supports:
available_tags='CXX F77 FC GO GCJ RC '
I guest that you lack CXX and result is missing 'tagged configuration'
If you prefer this approach you should rebuild libtool against compilers installed in /opt/gnu/..., install and check content of "tagged" sections. For instance search for 'TAG CONFIG: CXX'. Paths should correspond to /opt/gnu/... installation.

With other words libtool script is compiler dependent. If installed it must be refreshed (regenerated) after each update of compilers.

Regards,
Roumen