Re: Accounting for -rpath when libtool isn't helping

From: Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans
Subject: Re: Accounting for -rpath when libtool isn't helping
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:46:30 +0000

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:21:26 +0000
"Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <address@hidden> wrote:

> My earlier suggested approach of trying to hunt down the .la files and
> generate/append extra -Wl,-rpath arguments appears to be working
> reliably though, so it may be that's the best approach. It does feel
> rather fragile however, as I'm second-guessing around what libtool
> would do.

Alternatively, am I looking at this from the wrong direction? Maybe the
problem is that the exporting library isn't providing -Wl,-rpath in
its .pc file, to assist anyone else who wasn't using libtool to link it
(such as is the case here).

With that in mind, I now generate those if required, in the little
shell fragment I use to create the .pc file:

#!/bin/sh

LIBS='-L${libdir} -ltickit'
CFLAGS='-I${includedir}'

case "$LIBDIR" in