Re: transitive shared library dependencies and installation

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: transitive shared library dependencies and installation
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 12:35:13 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020, address@hidden wrote:
Above dependency explain all - lib_LTLIBRARIES is project (sample)
specific. Project should ensure order.

Fair enogh, but my point (which I didn't really emphasize) is that
installation could work in any order, if relinking didn't depend on
already installed libraries.  It's even necessary for mutually dependent
libraries.

That sounds like a great idea. However, there is a problem that linking on some systems does depend on already installed libraries (or will end up using them) and so the libraries need to be installed and linked in a particular order.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt