New libtool maintainer

From: Alex Ameen
Subject: New libtool maintainer
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:44:00 -0500

Howdy!

This is Alex Ameen reporting in from Austin, Texas. I'm a long time GNU and `autotools' user who specializes in ELF linking and loading. I'm writing you today to introduce myself and announce that I was recently approved as the new maintainer of `libtool'!

I'm excited to bring some updates to the tool and want to thank everyone for their patience while I work my through the pending patch/bug lists and get familiar with some of the maintenance infrastructure.

In the near future I look forward to extending `libtool' support for modern ELF shared objects, and improved integration with the rest of `autotools'. I'll share a more detailed roadmap after I've worked my through the pending tasks in the mailing lists.

I want to express my appreciation for all of the `autotools' and `libtool' maintainers/contributors before me. I understand that `libtool' is an important piece of infrastructure for a number of important pieces of software, and I aim to treat modifications and extensions appropriately with that responsibility in mind ( don't worry I'm not going to break legacy behavior with reckless abandon haha ).

Feel free to reach out if you have pending patches/issues you want to "bump", ideas for improvements, general advice for a new GNU maintainer - and above all if you'd like to lend a hand toward getting `libtool' up and running again.

Thank you for your time,

-Alex Ameen