Re: new release?

From: Alex Ameen
Subject: Re: new release?
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 15:15:25 -0600

This is a good question. I plan on making a new release this month.

When I first adopted the project I ambitiously thought I'd manage to create a new release after about a month; but the truth is when I started doing a deep dive into the internals there was a lot of history and complexity for me to unpack. Things that are easy to overlook like how change-logs get generated, quirks in the testing framework, and tracing down disparate areas to align documentation took quite a while to navigate.

The good news is that I think I've got the confidence to push a release soon. One area that I was reading up on this weekend was whether the "alpha"/private releases of `libtool' might be appropriate, or whether I should just push a release immediately. I'll admit I am leaning towards just making a release to avoid the entire alpha process for the time being.

I appreciate you reaching out; I definitely want to get a release out before March.