Re: New libtool maintainer

From: Julien ÉLIE
Subject: Re: New libtool maintainer
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 23:06:26 +0100

Hi Alex,

Feel free to reach out if you have pending patches/issues you want to "bump", ideas for improvements, general advice for a new GNU maintainer - and above all if you'd like to lend a hand toward getting `libtool' up and running again.

Many thanks for your work on Libtool!

I believe a good start would be to integrate suggestions and patches from the issue tracker

  https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=libtool

and maybe also some patches Debian (and other distributions) have added over the years to the last 2.4.6 release. For instance:

  https://sources.debian.org/patches/libtool/2.4.6-15/

Personaly, I would of course "bump" one of the patch I provided to make --preserve-dup-deps work again:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9999

But I wouldn't mind if that's not your top priority (I perfectly understand that).

And thanks again,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« J'oubliais qu'Assurancetourix a une nouvelle corde à sa harpe ! »
  (Astérix)