[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new release?
Re: new release?
Tue, 8 Feb 2022 02:57:50 +0000
On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:14:29 -0600
Alex Ameen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thanks for all of the advice y'all.
> I'm going to get this release together as soon as possible and resolve
> issues from there.
> I agree that paralysis set in a bit as a result of me trying to test
> a bit overboard on my own ( lots of VMs ). I appreciate the reality
> check :)
Just let us know if you do need help. It's okay to even just get to
a point where you're happyish, send an email asking for testers from
master, and ask people to send you e.g. test suite results. A fair
amount of projects do this.
Thanks again for taking up the torch and +1 to everything
vapier said in this thread.
Gentoo has a stack of patches we'd like to push forward but my intention
at least is to wait until this next release b/c:
1. it's a burden on you (with too many people sending lots of huge
2. a fair amount of our changes (and most distros'!) will actually
end up being either similar or the same, at least in the result they
produce, so it's hard to know what to send until stuff all lands in
master. It's therefore easier for everyone for the short-term (just
until this first release is out or so) and we know what we're rebasing
Keep at it!
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
Re: new release?, Roumen Petrov, 2022/02/08
- Re: new release?, (continued)
- Re: new release?, Mike Frysinger, 2022/02/05
- Re: new release?, Richard Purdie, 2022/02/06
- Re: new release?, Daniel Herring, 2022/02/06
- Re: new release?, Alexei Podtelezhnikov, 2022/02/06
- Re: new release?, Bob Friesenhahn, 2022/02/06
- Re: new release?, Sam James, 2022/02/08
- Re: new release?, Mike Frysinger, 2022/02/06
- Re: new release?, Frederic Berat, 2022/02/07
- Re: new release?, Alex Ameen, 2022/02/07
- Re: new release?, Daniel Herring, 2022/02/07
- Re: new release?,
Sam James <=