Re: [sr #110849] make check darwin.at test fails on Linux

From: Alex Ameen
Subject: Re: [sr #110849] make check darwin.at test fails on Linux
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 08:51:15 -0600

Was this run on a git checkout or distribution tarball?

You bring up a good question. If it's a git checkout I think it makes sense to run these since it may detect potential portability issues for Darwin hosts that are observable from Linux systems. It may also make sense to run some of these tests even in a distributed tarball if they are trying to detect cross-compilation issues from a Linux build system for Darwin hosts/targets.

To say for sure I'd need to look at the specific tests.

Overall it's a good question though and I'd like to understand more about why they're running because it's certainly possible that they should be skipped or that the test suite isn't detecting the build/host system properly.