lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2482 in lilypond: Doc: NR 1.1.3 cross-staff beam i

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2482 in lilypond: Doc: NR 1.1.3 cross-staff beam is clipped in the image
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 05:08:37 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 2482 by address@hidden: Doc: NR 1.1.3 cross-staff beam is clipped in the image

David Nalesnik writes:

Part of the beam and the leftmost stem is cut off in the lower staff of
each of the examples here:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals

Related to issue 1043, now solved. The clipping is a probably-harmless known-issue with cross-staff beams, but it is distracting in the docs.

If we join the 6 eighth-notes in the cross-staff voice with a manual beam, we avoid the issue and also make the example more clear for its intened purpose. The attached image shows this suggested solution.

Attachments:
        suggested.png  13.5 KB