lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2852 in lilypond: Explicit spacer-rests do not cre

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2852 in lilypond: Explicit spacer-rests do not create space as note-columns
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:56:49 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Ugly

New issue 2852 by address@hidden: Explicit spacer-rests do not create space as note-columns

Note-spacing involving spacer rests is strange enough that there might be a small bug or two. I'll call this "Type-ugly" because it makes the simplest way of writing a delayed turn a bit ugly.

When we write explicit spacers, such as to place a delayed turn, we often want the columns created by these spacer rests to be spaced like normal note-columns. That is, spaced as if there were non-interfering notes in some other voice or staff at the times of the spacers. (This desire might conflict with LilyPond's current methods to support ligatures in ancient music, which use a lot of empty columns.)

\new Staff <<
  { a'2  a' | a' a' | d' d' } \\
  { s4 c' r s | r c' r c' | s s^\turn s s } >>

Attachments:
        2852.png  3.8 KB