lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3217 in lilypond: Maybe input should specify p

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3217 in lilypond: Maybe input should specify polyphonic voices
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 14:55:26 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3217 by address@hidden: Maybe input should specify polyphonic voices

Ok, I put same more time on it, although you didn't reduced it to a tiny example and omitted the version.

Anyway:
Reduced to a small example giving not the output you probably expect (similiar with 2.17.12):

\version "2.16.2"

\new Staff
\relative c'' {
    <<
      \new Voice = "a" { c1 }
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "a"  { x }

   c8 c1 | % wrong duration!
}

I've no clue whether setting \new Lyrics in a voice is expected to work.

Someone else might answer this.

Though, quick glance through the NR shows separating Staff and Lyrics in all examples I've found:

\version "2.16.2"

<<
\new Staff
  \new Voice = "mel"
    \relative c'' {
          \new Voice = "a" { c1 }
       c8 c1 |
    }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "a"  { x }

Apart from a wrong duration this works as expected.

Btw, your original example shows a lot of warnings.
I recommend to get rid of them before posting a bug-report.
If you can't get rid of all of them ask on the user-list as a first step.