lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4064 in lilypond: Bad example for \notemode in

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4064 in lilypond: Bad example for \notemode in Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:36:01 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4064 by address@hidden: Bad example for \notemode in Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely

I stand corrected. In my defense, I cannot imagine the underlying behavior ever being _intended_ behavior. It is not a restriction making any sense as it is not inherently a consequence of different lexing behavior in lyrical mode (like the other cases I suggested would have been), nor does it depend on available note names (like the \stringTuning use cases turned unnecessary in 2.17 or so would have been).

I think it should have been easily fixable in 2.11 already if someone had identified it as problematic behavior. While progress in that regard is slow I sure hope that we are moving more to the state where the natural reaction to "this is awful!" is becoming "let's fix this" rather than "let's document it".