lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4083 in lilypond: \keepWithTag does not nest w

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4083 in lilypond: \keepWithTag does not nest well
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:04:20 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 4083 by tdanielsmusic: \keepWithTag does not nest well

Re #1:

a) Provide a declaration \tagLayer #'(divI divII unisono) that
declares the given tags as belonging to one layer.
\keepWithTag will only remove material with tags in the same layer.

I like this as it is easy to explain and understand.

Should be pretty robust and fully backwards-compatible but
relies on global side effects.

What would these be?  Would they be serious?

b) \keepWithTag only removes tagged music without the given
tag(s) in sequential or parallel music only when one of the
named tags is actually present on one of the other elements
of the list.

What list?

I don't understand this, maybe because of the two "only"s.
I'm still trying to work out whether they have a subtle
meaning when present together or whether it's just a typo.

That's probably my favorite though it will likely mandate
that you place all the tags in one construct or via one function.

What sort of construct is meant here?  Do you mean via a
special (new) function?

c) \keepWithTag, while keeping one piece of tagged music,
removes all tags on the same music so that another call of
\keepWithTag with a different tag will no longer see them.
That one seems complex to explain and would likely either
require using \keepWithTag calls in a certain order
(in->out or was it the other way round) or would use a
"commutatable" mechanism that would likely be even harder
to explain.

Looks too complex to be a starter to me.

Trevor