lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2458 in lilypond: Remove small gaps between ly

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2458 in lilypond: Remove small gaps between lyric syllables
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:14:25 +0000

Comment #7 on issue 2458 by address@hidden: Remove small gaps between lyric syllables

There is the "Magnetic snapping lyric syllables" snippet, see
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/notation-snippets/lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-03/msg00489.html

But unfortunately I could not get it working reliably, at least with 2.19.<something>, for reasons I did not understand or investigate further. E.g., I remember situations where the same syllables were merged in one voice, but not in the other simultaneous voices. Perhaps their distances differed in the subpoint scale, but if so it was not visible to me even on high zoom levels; the results were inferior than without any merging. YMMV, in particular if you only have one voice with lyrics; or maybe you can find the right tweaks to apply. At least it's a start.