lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4127 in lilypond: Patch: Let \time in mid-meas

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4127 in lilypond: Patch: Let \time in mid-measure work without warning in some cases
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:01:51 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-new Patch-review

Comment #11 on issue 4127 by address@hidden: Patch: Let \time in mid-measure work without warning in some cases
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4127#c11

Patchy the autobot says: passes tests. I am not really happy with the bar numbers in the example. Basically the morale is that if you want a "proper" beginning bar line, you need to place a \partial early so that the previous measure ends short "properly": when \partial occurs together with \time, it does not really affect the _ending_ of the previous bar, but rather the beginning of the next one. So I'm not particularly happy about how the regtest comes out, but then I have absolutely no idea how to deal better with the cases presented there. Not just in terms of "make this input produce different output" but rather in terms of "make this input _mean_ something different that's nice and logical". So in the absence of any better ideas, LGTM.