lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 660 in lilypond: ossia staff doesn't stop at c

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 660 in lilypond: ossia staff doesn't stop at correct horizontal position
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 04:55:31 +0000

Comment #17 on issue 660 by address@hidden: ossia staff doesn't stop at correct horizontal position

Re. #13,
My opinion is that the various implementations of to-barline are close enough to share a name. People often use the same word for different behaviors if the behaviors are at least analogous. Whales and fish and dogs and people all 'swim'.

The default behavior of to-barline=#t on hairpins seems reasonable. Certainly the hairpin stops before the barline in scores, and looks bad if it crosses; it often extends under the barline in parts, but does not look so bad if it stops early.

I don't think hairpins stop early if it ends on the note just after a mid-measure clef-change, or a mid-measure key-change as in #13. So again I think LilyPond is fine. I am having trouble finding examples of such cases, though, to check.