PATCH: new types of arpeggio

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: PATCH: new types of arpeggio
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:44:26 +0200

I had a look at my reference books, but couldn't find any good
examples f o arpeggii. I don't like the shape of the arrow. Either
the arrow should be disconnected from the arpeggio like this

  ~~~  ->  (rotate 90 degrees)

or

 ~~~~
 --->

(i've seen the 2nd version.), or the arrowhead should be calligraphed,
to match the design of the squiggle.  I actually prefer the last
solution, but it will need more work. Perhaps Jan can look into Stone,
in the chapter on piano notation.

I'll integrate the patch if you change the current design into either
one.

> I've added bits to the reference manual and the regression test at the
> appropriate places. To use it, just do something like

good!

>        return SCM_EOL;
>      }
>
> +  SCM s = me->get_grob_property ("arpeggio-type");
> +  String arpegtype = ly_scm2string (scm_symbol_to_string (s));
> +  Molecule arpegbottom = ( (arpegtype=="bracket") ?
> +                        Font_interface::get_default_font (me)->find_by_name
> ("scripts-bracebottom") :

this is a little clumsy. You can simple make horizontal and vertical
lines using Lookup::filledbox (). It's probably easier to code if you
make a separate function for the brace molecule.