Re: accidentals

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: accidentals
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:31:25 +0200

Rune Zedeler wrote:

> What I need (very common notation) is a "mark this pitch as changed"
> function resulting in altered pitches ALWAYS gets an accidental the next
> time they are used.

I think the only way to implement this is to keep track of two local
signatures instead of one.
If you are keeping track of "localKeySignature" being reset at every bar
line and "lazyKeySignature" not being reset - then you will be able to
calculate what accidentals to typeset on basis of theese two properties,
"keySignature" (the global one) and the forgetAccidentals, noResetKey,
lazyAccidentals and lazyReminders (or whatever names the two new
properties should get).
Stupid idea?

Btw, I couldn't really see where the forced accidentals are processed.
Not in "local-key-engraver", right. This is a problem, then - needs to
check whether to add extra natural sign.

-Rune