Re: latest guile cvs gives me problems

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: latest guile cvs gives me problems
Date: 08 Oct 2001 21:59:57 +0200

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> >
> > > i just downloaded the latest guile cvs for guile-core and since can not
> > > use
> > > lilypond anymore,

I've looked into this and talked with the Guile developers.  It all
has to do with the interface for scm_num2int et al.  It has partly
changed recently, and it will change some more, probably some time
soon.

There's now consensus about what it's going to look like, but it seems
that they're somewhere half way with all the changes, so I guess that
supporting the latest guile-cvs will probably be not feasible for some
time.  Maybe 1.5.16 will work somewhat, maybe not.

It's really not that difficult to install guile-1.4 for lilypond only,
see one of my previous mails.

Greetings,
Jan.