Re: what windows installer do you use?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: what windows installer do you use?
Date: 12 Nov 2001 14:02:13 +0100

Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I have found someone willing to improve the windows port of solfege,
> and

Is this based on cygwin?

> wonder what program you use to create the windows installer for
> lilypond. URL?

We use a modified version of the generic cygwin installer.  It mainly
downloads a list of available tarbals, offers selection, downloads and
untars (so, it's completely useless, rather annoying even, if you know
wget and tar, but it seems to have gotten us extra users...).  It's
modified, because lilypond and guile are not yet(?)  included in
cygwin, and we still need to install extra non-cygwin-based packages.

Gerrit Haase has offered to include/maintain guile into/for cygwin.
When that's happened, and tetex in cygwin is fixed (if this ever
happens), I will look forward to drop the separate installer.

Anyway, the sources are at

    http://cygwin.com/cvs.html, or if you cant' use cvs
    ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/snapshots/

It is or used to be in winsup/cinstall.

The patch is at

    http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/

Btw, I think cygwin is/has just switched to a new and impoved version
of the installer, so the patch may well not apply cleanly.

Greetings,
Jan.