Re: make release

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: make release
Date: 05 Dec 2001 02:36:05 +0100

Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> writes:

> I had some minor problems when making release.
> The tarball was made alright, but the diffing wanted for some reason to
> make the patch relative to 1.5.24.rz1 instead of 1.5.24.

This is the default behaviour, unlike what linus et al. do, eg.  You
can generate a patch between any versions you like, in your case:

   make diff from=1.5.24 to=1.5.24.rz2

I guess.  If you leave out from= or to=, sane defaults is chosen, I hope.

> Doing the diff manually made some problems - the tar-balls were too
> different: Changes in make/out and configure.

Yes.  I tried to fix this with:

   1.5.10.jcn3

   * add .cvsignore patterns for making patches the standard, manual way.

and adding a note in the Wiki
(http://lilypond.org/wiki/?MakingPatches) but but I didn't add the
file to GNUmakefile.in, so it seems.  And nobody noticed :-(

I'll have another try tomorrow.

Btw, this really is one of those files that should be in the tarball,
and not in the wiki, I think.

Jan.