Re: accidentals 1.5.25.rz1

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: accidentals 1.5.25.rz1
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:55:55 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> HN> The regression test texts should explain what the
> HN> correct result should look like, so you could tell something is wrong
> HN> by comparing the examples and texts. This doesn't really tell anything.
>
> Hm, I think the most important thing is that we have examples covering all the
> special cases - so that one can actually see a bug if he knows how the result
> sohuld look. There are SO MANY special cases that the examples has to be so
> big if they should all be covered...

The trick is to find a small set of orthogonal cases.  For examples to
demonstrate how things should be used, we the separate directory
test/. The directory regression/ is for test-files: i.e. small files
that each demonstrates one aspect that could easily break (and yes,
there are one or two absurdly big tests in regression/, I believe for lyric
alignment and broken repeats. They should be fixed some time.)