Testing 1.5.36, almost there...

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Testing 1.5.36, almost there...
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:07:03 +0200 (EET)

> address@hidden writes:
> > > curious, can you investigate further? It seems to work here.
> > > It works, and it does not work. Below are some tests which show the
> > conditions when compiling worked. Do not ask me why it is so. The
> > traceback was always the same.
>
> can you try the patch that I posted to bug-lilypond  for mats?

I'm amazed. Actually, it worked! Marvellous! I'll use now 1.5.36 with that
patch applied. Apparently, it will applied in the forthcoming 1.5.37.

The placing of rest with "h8\rest" was the first new feature I took into
use. I already use some graces. The only criticism so far is aimed at the
vertical alignment of 1/8-rests (and shorter).

The notes are aligned so that the center of the 'ball' is at the given
position. By comparing the positions of the note and rest in "c8 h8\rest"
one finds that their 'balls' are aligned with the same mutual vertical
alignment. Instead, the 'balls' in "c8 c8\rest" and "h h8\rest" should
have the same vertical alignment, but not "c8 h8\rest". Is that right?

--
      Heikki Junes