Re: New font installation idea

From: Glen Prideaux
Subject: Re: New font installation idea
Date: 05 Mar 2002 20:39:31 +0800

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to suggest a new method to install the
> Lilypond font related files. The solution is simply
> to follow the TeX directory structure (texdoc tds) and
> set a single environment variable to link the whole
> directory structure to the other texmf trees. This will
> solve the problems with generated feta files in the
> working directories and reduce the number of
> environment variable settings. Also, it makes it easier
> to keep several parallel Lilypond installations on the
> same machine.

Yes, please! I don't know enough about the whole font generation
business to comment on the mechanics of it, but the aim is admirable.
Although I know I've fixed it a couple of times before, I'm currently
living with the "font files in local directory" problem -- I'm not
actually using Lilypond enough at the moment to make it worth my while
trying to work out how I fixed it before. It would be so much tidier
if the fonts worked the way they should "out of the box".

Glen
--
Glen Prideaux
<address@hidden>