Re: reading properties

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: reading properties
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:19:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Citat Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:

> It depends on the precise contents of ... ; the moment lily encounters
> a note, the context of the inner { } will be switched to Thread. The
> \context Staff will never descend, so the outer { } will also not
> descend.

Are you sure?
Then, why doesn't both voices get thick stems in 2nd measure of the following:

thickStems = \notes \property Current.Stem \set #'thickness = #5.0
mel = \notes \transpose c''' {c d e f}
\score {
  \notes \context Staff=sv <
    \context Voice=va { \stemUp \mel \mel}
    \context Voice=vb \transpose c {
      \stemDown \thickStems \mel \context Staff \thickStems \mel
    }

  \paper { linewidth=-1
    \translator { \ScoreContext \alias Current }
    \translator { \StaffContext \alias Current }
    \translator { \VoiceContext \alias Current }
  }
}

> I might hack it in myself if I'd have to wait till July :-)

Please do! :)
(I feel much more like hacking lilypond, but my fellow students don't....)
Perhaps I'll return in the middle of May, but not before.

Rune Zedeler
Otte Ruds Gade 44A 4tv
DK8200 Ã…rhus N
Tel: +45 86786563