Re: "LilyPond" in texts

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: "LilyPond" in texts
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:21:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Rune Zedeler wrote:

> Shouldn't we come up with some sort of typography for mentioning
> LilyPond in i.e. LaTeX-documents. I mean "This assignment was written in
> \LaTeX\ with musical examples in LilyPond." just looks a bit - eh - thin...

Just philosophizing:

If you really want to have something like \LilyPond, then, I think, it
should be expressible in LilyPond syntax (but then it rather should be
called \mudela...).  Although this is not very likely, we (or others)
might want mentioning LilyPond in documents written in a language other
than LaTeX.  \TeX is implemented in tex.  There is no \TeX outside of tex.
tex documentation is usually written in tex, because it is about tex.
LilyPond documentation uses LilyPond fragments, but not solely.

However, if you succeeded in creating a nice logo just by writing a nice
.ly file (but without using dirty tricks like embedding tex commands in
the .ly source), that would be nice...

Greetings,
Juergen