Re: Duet with Lyrics Problem

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Duet with Lyrics Problem
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:28:38 +0200

Deborah Lowrey <address@hidden> writes:

>   Also, I'm trying to find a way that works so that I
> can combine the violoncello with the contrabasso on
> the same staff (since most are almost the same with a
> few solo exceptions).

I'm afraid that this can't be done easily yet.  I tried for Coriolan,
but gave up; because I thought it would be too much effort, and no-one
else had much interest.

Did you look at input/test/part-combine-staff.ly?

The biggest problem is the fact that the part combiner doesn't know
where the line breaks will be; it may find that the two voices are the
same in the middle of a staff, and the remainder of that staff will
then be empty.

There are several ways this could be tackled, but that involves quite
some hacking; post 1.6 stuff anyway.

Jan.