cvs commit

From: Han-Wen
Subject: cvs commit
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:02:34 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> I have some questions regardin committing cvs entries.
>
> - If I do a simple
>
> cvs commit
>
> then it does not work - I get
> cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
> - but if I do

cvs uses the access mode that you checked it out with. If you checked
out with anoncvs, you can not commit.  (check what CVS/Root says)

> - why can't I enter my changes in the changelog instead of in an emacs
> window that pops up when I commit?
> This also makes it impossible to fix errors in the changelog.

You can do this by using cvs mode in emacs. Try M-x cvs-update.  When
you're done with the changes, you can type C for committing. Emacs
will put the relevant ChangeLog entries into the Commit log.

Sometimes I simply use

           cvs commit -m 'Juergens patch'

we get ChangeLog diffs anyway. (I still have to figure out how we can
also generate them for you and Mats).

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen