Size of patches / how much should be changed at once?

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Size of patches / how much should be changed at once?
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:04:52 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> No, I'm not trying to spam you guys.  :)
>
> I have many things throughout the tutorial I'd like to clean up -- some
> typos, some grammar things, and some less obvious changes*.  Should I
> submit one big patch that deals with the whole tutorial.itely file, or
> split the changes up by page (so a "first steps" patch, a "Running
> lilypond" patch, etc)?

I don't care much -- the important thing is that the patch is
complete, i.e. that the doc will build correctly, and that there are
no mortal remains of half-finished writing.

If you are unsure include a short comment (@c ) why youmade a change.

> Is it easy to merge part of a patch and not other parts
> of the patch (if you disagree with some changes)?

well, it is, but it is much easier for   me to send it back :-)