minimumVerticalExtent default in 1.5

From: Han-Wen
Subject: minimumVerticalExtent default in 1.5
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:10:36 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Were there many requests to change the default   \property
> Staff.minimumVerticalExtent ?  In 1.4, it looks like the default was
> #'(-4 . 4) , but in 1.5 the default changed to #'(-6 . 6) .  Why the
> change?  I don't think that it was hard to read music with #'(-4 . 4)
> spacing, and bigger spacing uses more paper.

We changed it after looking closely at the Baerenreiter edition of the
Cello Suite II sarabande.  Perhaps 6 is too much, but IIRC we also
tuned down the padding between staves, to get more regularly spaced
staves as a net effect.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen