Re: Can't build 1.5.71 with previous version installed

From: laurent . duperval
Subject: Re: Can't build 1.5.71 with previous version installed
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:25:12 -0400 (EDT)

On  7 Aug, To: LilyPond Development List wrote:
> If you have a previous installation of lilypond, you can't build (I had
> 1.5.53). I tried to build and got this error:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/soft/lilypond/src/default/i686_pc_linux_gnu/lilypond-1.5.71/Documentation/user'

Uhm... yes, I not quit sure how the trace was lost. Gremlins and such, I
guess. At any rate, the Documentataion cannot be built if an older version
of lilypond is already installed and appears in the PATH, I guess.

Laurent Duperval <address@hidden>

"Man does not live by bug fixes alone."
        The Super-User