Re: make ly2dvi broken?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make ly2dvi broken?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:54:17 +0200

address@hidden writes:

>     Laura> With recent (last week or so) versions of CVS lilypond, I can run:
>
>     Laura>         cd input
>     Laura>         make out/twinkle.dvi
>
>     Laura> However, if I run the command:
>
>     Laura>         ../scripts/out/ly2dvi --output=out/twinkle.dvi
> --dependencies  twinkle.ly
>
>     Laura> I get:
>
> (errors)
>
> The same errors happened with lilypond-book.  The attached patch seems
> to fix the problem; note that the mup2ly fix is untested, and it looks
> like midi2ly should have the same kind of logic, if the new logic that
> I had to fix is really necessary.

lilypond-book.py and all the other .py files have various variables in
the scripts/ version that are substituted in the out/ version (like
@local_lilypond_datadir@) -- the datadir variable should never be
empty. Can you check wether your problem goes away when you do "make
distclean ; autogen.sh ; make all"?

BTW, if you send patches, please send unified diffs (cvs diff -pu),
they're easier to read for me.