Re: [Patch] Hammers for tablature

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: [Patch] Hammers for tablature
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:24:10 +0200

Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:

 * Support of hammers and pulls in tablature -- Hammers and pulls are
inserted exactly like slurs, and a "H" or a "P" is added over the slur as
needed.

Okay, I don't really like this.
Problem is that one from time to time needs real slurs in the tab - and with this idea you have eliminated that. Ofcourse one could use phrasing slurs whenever one needs real slurs, but... Hmm...
I don't really see what to do about it - though...

We should also allow for fingering instructions in the music. Probably easiest done by only eating the undirectioned fingerings to the string information - so that c-4 puts a c on the 4th string whereas c^4 puts a c with a finger marking on the default string.

I'll have a look on the 2nd.

-Rune